We follow the CAPS curriculum set out by the Department of Education and write the NSC Exam in Gr 12
- Our High School offers Grade 8 - 12
- The language of tuition is English
- FAL Languages offered: Afrikaans, Sepedi and isiZulu
- Maximum of 30 learners per High School class
- Focus on IT and e-learning
- Intervention classes at no extra cost
- All textbooks are included in the school fees.
GR 8 - 9 Subjects
- English Home Language
- Afrikaans / Sepedi / Isizulu (FAL)
- Life Orientation
- Social Science (History & Geography)
- Natural Science (Physical & Life Sciences)
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Creative Arts (Drama & Visual Arts)
- Hospitality studies
- ICT / Computer Studies / Robotics.
GR 10 - 12 Subjects
- Five academic streams to choose from: Sciences, Technical, Commercial, General and Arts
- Aptitude and skills tests are conducted to assist with selecting the suitable academic stream and subjects according to career options
- Compulsory Subjects: Choose 1 HL and 1 FAL from the following : English (HL) / Afrikaans (FAL) / Isizulu (FAL) / Sepedi (FAL), Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy, Life Orientation
- Three additional choice subjects must be selected: Accounting, Physical Science, Life Science, Information Technology (IT), Tourism, Geography, History, Economics, Business Studies, Drama, Engineering Graphics and Design (EGD), CAT, Consumer Studies, Hospitality Studies.
Click here for the Subject Choice Booklet
Sport Activities offered
- Table Tennis
- Cross Country.
Please note that the sport codes mentioned above are dependant on the grade, season and interest in the activity.
Cultural Activities Offered
- Music Club
- Public Speaking
- Amber Magazine
- Photography Club
- Art Club
- Mr & Miss Amberfield
- Student Christian Council.
Please note that the cultural codes mentioned above are dependant on the grade, season and interest in the activity.
High Schools Facilities
- The High School is separated from the Pre-Primary and Primary School
- Hospitality Centre
- Sport Fields
- 400m Athletics track
- Multimedia Centre
- Tuck Shop
- Wi-Fi Zone campus
- Swimming Pool
- Combi courts
- Cricket Nets
- Computer Labs
- High School learners use the Lego Spike Prime set that incorporates more advanced coding in a fun and interactive environment
- Our Robotics Club continues in the afternoons as an extra mural, our teams chosen there compete in the Lego League competitions
- Robotics is also included in the ICT curriculum for Gr 8 – 9.
Google for Education
Since the start of the Pandemic, Amberfield College embarked on a journey to find practical and innovative solutions to drive quality education without interruptions. This led us into a partnership with Google Workspace for Education. From 2022, our learners and teachers use a tailor made Learner Management System designed by Google which allows teachers to engage learners in a more interactive approach with links to real life scenarios in any given subject.
Kindly contact our Google Administrator, Mr Pillay, for any Google Education/ Classroom related information: email@example.com
IT /CAT/ ICT
Our IT (Information Technology) and CAT (Computer Application Technology) department is growing rapidly with a second IT lab coming to our High School in 2022, CAT focusing more on MS office applications, website technologies, social integration of technology and giving learners the skills to take on any job in the future with confidence in using technology. IT helps learners develop critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and an understanding of artificial intelligence through programming and algorithm development, leading learners up to the computer science, machine learning and robotics career paths. Gr 8 – 9 learners have the option of doing ICT as an additional subject after school.